Google+
About Susan

Monday, June 30, 2008

San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival


The final weekend of the SF Ethnic Dance Festival's 30th Anniversary season is over! I danced in the inaugural 4th weekend performance, 3rd in a lineup of 9 offerings of diverse dance styles. My fellow dancers and I have performed this piece before, but never with such great lighting, such an expansive stage (it meant dousing our shoes in kool-aid before showtime, as we slipped all over the place during rehearsals), and such an excited audience - Thanks for everyone's support! It was a long 3 or so days of practically living in the beautiful but drafty Palace of Fine Arts theater, but I had the chance to meet many amazing dancers, musicians, and tech folks. I'll have to write more about it soon, but right now I admit I'm exhausted.

The photo is the work of RJ Muna, and it belongs to World Arts West. Jenny, Christina, and I went up early in the morning to the Mission for the photo shoot in February after we'd been chosen for the festival. It was cold and rainy, and we were all sick. Somehow it turned out pretty well!

No comments: