Google+
About Susan

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Working on the Next Set


Another set of shows is behind me, and I'm happy that I pulled them off! An audience member told me after one performance that in my solo dance 'Amorous Affairs', I seemed as if I was in a secret, happy dream, only to be awoken to a harsh reality. This kind of feedback gives me such joyous impetus to continue working on dance as an expression of emotion.

On the horizon, I've begun rehearsing new numbers, both group and solo, and I'm also working on a Dai dance for corporate holiday parties coming up.

One solo dance I'm working on towards a theater performance is a lively Yi girl surveying amorous prospects at a festival, to which one a friend exclaimed, "So many of your dances are about lovers! What's up with that?" It's a good question, but then again aren't the vast majority of all songs about love? On with life, and love!

No comments: