Google+
About Susan

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Easing into Spring


I've been trying to ease back into dancing, but I do have performances coming up very soon so I've had to get back into rehearsing a little more quickly. I only hope things go well and that I don't exacerbate my condition. I'm most afraid of an injury becoming an "old injury", where it never actually heals and nags you for the rest of your life. I think perhaps I could become one of those proverbial old guys who sit on the verandah and say, "Storm's a-comin', my knee's actin' up" and all that. On second thought, no, I don't want to be one of those guys!

In the meantime ... photo shoots! Even though it doesn't feel like late spring here in the SF Bay Area, there have been some sparkling, beautiful days.

Truth be told, I cannot wait until I'm dancing again.  It's difficult to ease back into anything.  I want to give everything when I'm in the studio, so that I can give even more when I'm onstage.  It's worth it.

No comments: